Music.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

somewhere on the blue ridge parkway, 2015


I've said this before, but one of the things I've really missed since starting work (finally! at the ripe age of 26!!) is the time I used to spend discovering new music. All to often, when I'm working long hours, I plop down on my laptop and just play 1989 (it's the only new album I've bought on iTunes, and all my old stuff is inexplicably hidden in some part of my hard drive.) It's the equivalent to eating junk food all. the. time. If I'm lucky the husband will pop one of our records on, but apart from Leon Bridges (genius that he is,) I haven't really gotten into any of the new (and I'm sure great) stuff lately, which is a bummer.

So I've been trying to change things up a bit in the first month of this new year. I skimmed through Rolling Stone and NPR's best of album lists, not to mention a trustworthy blog here and there (these guys introduced me to Jason Isbell, for example.)

So here's to a year of good music, new discovery, and all that that implies :)




What are your favorite albums/new artists or songs of 2015?

-G

No comments:

Post a Comment