Soul Shine and Silence

Wednesday, November 11, 2015












(Unrelated photos of Plateau Point in the Grand Canyon, from summer 2012 roadtrip.)

Sorry about the radio-silence. Sometimes I think just get into a groove of waking up, going to work, coming home, shower, sleep, then start all over again. Things are fine, but the most exciting event of my week is using up out gift cards at Bed, Bath and Beyond (not exactly a groundbreaking life moment.) The chilly wet of November has set in and Peter and I have hit a routine revolving lots of hot tea and popcorn shared under warm blankets with a few netflix shows. I'm also prepping for my third USMLE exam, which means even less excitement this month. Oh well. We'll still try to keep the soul shine going.

On the bright side my sister will be joining us in London for Christmas and I'm currently trying to plot a 1 or 2 day trip out of London for us :) any advice, anyone? I've done Oxford and Cambridge both plenty of times, but they're both so lovely, I wouldn't be adverse to doing either city all over again.

The other big non-development that's been going on behind the scenes is that Peter and I spoke seriously about going to Lesvos to help incoming refugees coming off of the boats from Turkey. For a number of reasons, we decided not to move forward with our plans, but there is still a huge need for many winter items for families on the journey into Europe. Check out this site to find out what is needed and how to get it over there.

That's all from me for now. OH! Except for this: GET YOUR FLU SHOTS PEOPLE :)


No comments:

Post a Comment