Sunday Thoughts

Sunday, July 12, 2015


Wow. It's been a few, hasn't it? Sorry about that! In the busy-ness of life this space often takes the back seat for me out of necessity. In the flurry of moving, starting work for the first time ever (!) and transitioning into married life, it's not always easy to sit down and break down thoughts swirling in my head into cohesive sentences.

Residency, as I expected, is the busiest I've ever been. The cycle of signing out, seeing patients, developing plans, rounding, revising plans, placing orders, touching base with nurses, touching base with families, changing orders, changing plans, signing out and then writing notes seems never-ending, but I like it, in a strange way. Idleness never looked good on me. Being kept busy means my brain has no time to worry about anything- where we're going to live, how we're going to live, what we're going to eat, how tired I am- and it feels good to not worry.

My husband (! it feels amazing to write it out) is being as kind and incredible as ever. In the midst of intense hours spent job-hunting he has become incredible at anticipating our needs. Whether it's a clean apartment or simply a home-cooked meal, he really has thrown all his energy into making the best life for us. I feel undeserving.

In the meantime, I can't wait to share pictures of Crete and of Santorini- when I finally find a moment to go through them! Suffice it to say it was an incredible journey, and I pray that the Greeks make the best decision for them, and that Germany and the rest of the European Union recall the lessons learned in the post-war era that allowed them to flourish again.

Have a blessed week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment