Sound City

Monday, August 11, 2014

Ever since watching this incredible documentary, Sound City produced by the one and only Dave Grohl, I've been back in a rock kind of mood again. Sound City was the dive bar of record labels in LA- gritty, without airs. A what you see is what you get kind of place. It's walls have heard noise from every decade and genre imaginable- from Fleetwood Mac to Neil Young, From Rick Springfield to Johnny Cash, from Nirvana to Nine Inch Nails. See here for a full list (your mind will be blown.)

source


Going through that list is like a stroll through my childhood. So many of those records and artists were on our old record player, or blasting through my walkman in school. 

It's definitely worth seeing. I learned quite a bit about the music making process and the history of pop and rock music in the 70s, 80s and 90s. I nabbed my Dad's copy of It Might Get Loud, just to keep the good music going.


No comments:

Post a Comment