Escape

Friday, December 6, 2013


Ever had one of those weeks you just wanted to run away from?

I have too many of them.

It's my fault, really. I'm too sensitive. Little things don't roll off my shoulder like they ought to. I'm working on that; I'm working on myself in general. And big personality changes take time. 

In the meantime, there's always escape.
Escape from the harsh criticism, the flippant, subtle scorn, the silent rejection of others.
Escape to a warm home, in my childhood bed. 
To loving parents who don't mind if I'm a little soft at the center and rough at the edges.
Escape into the worlds of stories and books. 


After all, if a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, do we not consider it his duty to escape? ;-)

source


I wasn't sure for a while there why I was writing a blog.
My life is dull as dirt right now,
And no one I know in real life follow it or even knows it exists. 
But it's weeks like this that I realize I kind of need it every now and again. 
Writing publicly can be painful,
but it is also incredibly cathartic. 
So please, bear with my emo moments. 
I promise they'll blow over shortly :)



No comments:

Post a Comment