Wrapped Up in Books

Thursday, May 7, 2015

I don't know what it is about cold, wet, rainy days and books, but the two seem to go together like tea, lemon and honey. I'm not sure if there's anything better than a warm drink, cozy room and a good book on a cold rainy day...

Unless you're talking about a Vintage Book Barn. Cozy nooks and crannies and more dusty, beautiful, hand-bound books than you can shake a stick at? Now we're talking.



On a break from the interview trail (yes, this post is LONG overdue,) Peter took me to a remote corner of Southern Pennsylvania to check out Baldwin's Book Barn. Built in 1822, The place has five whole stories' worth (haha, punny!) of books- old, new, vintage, fiction, non-fiction, semi-fiction.



Duck (or Grouse.)




It was so much fun to peruse the old prints and books, and of course to look up what versions of my favorite series they had in stock. I almost went home with a copy of this incredibly intriguing book, but on a medical student's budget, I happily settled for a European travel guide from the turn of the century. Peter and I recently agreed to hit a new country every year, so I can't wait to crack it open before each trip.


























One of the things that excites me most about moving to a place like New York is the wealth of amazing local and independently owned bookstores that will be at our disposal. Any recommendations or must-go shops anyone can recommend?

Best, 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh the Book Barn looks like the perfect place to spend the day exploring what words await to be read. Have a marvelous weekend! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome, Carmen. Best way I can think of to spend a rainy afternoon!

      Delete