The Wedding: Part I

Friday, May 6, 2016







I debated posting our wedding photos up here, but Anna Roussos did such beautiful work I couldn't help but share it again-sorry! If you're ever in Greece and feel like having a photo session, please give her a call. She's a real talent. :)
















As far as weddings go, destination or otherwise, ours wasn't a lavish affair. We didn't have a wedding planner, for one. We couldn't afford a videographer, I didn't hire anyone to do beauty, and in place of a live DJ we put together an epic playlist on my laptop. We didn't have as many of those little details that you fawn over on wedding websites. There was something really moving about it: one cousin designed my invitations, another did my makeup, another fixed my hair. My aunt hand-made my veil. Hand-made it. Another aunt had her ancient village home renovated just so we could get ready right next door to the church. When I saw what she'd put into it- new flooring, refinished walls, all new and refurbished furnishings- I started to cry. It was these little moments of charity and love that made our wedding so sweet.























I'll post the ceremony photos on Monday, but they're also currently on Rock My Wedding if you'd like to take a look. I hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Wedding is always an interesting event and party to me. It always special for the guests and especially for the couples. I love wedding foods and dresses. Specially the bridal dresses in white and also royal blue bridesmaid dresses . The parties are so fabulous with the gorgeous look. The just like the wedding events and parties.

    ReplyDelete