Well, it's Friday...

Friday, November 14, 2014

And guys, it has been a really, really, really good week. Let's take a moment to reflect on the different things that have made this week awesome, shall we? In the spirit of Cider With Rosie...

10 Things that have made me happy this week:


  1.  Got to see the husband man- twice! in one week! 
  2. I actually dressed appropriately for cold weather, for the first time in my adult life. That whole layering thing? It really works. Vermont, I see you.
  3. The presentation I had today went really, really well. It was in front of two doctors I admire a lot, and while two may not seem so scary, it was for me (total chicken when it comes to public speaking. for reals.) 
  4. The visa interview also went really, really well. Although the immigration officer didn't smile once, my brilliant husband did all those forms without the help of a lawyer- and didn't make one single mistake. Can I get an oh yea?
  5. IT'S THE WEEKEND and I only have one "real" rotation left in medical school. That means only one exam left in my entire student career. I'm 25. let's let that sink in...
  6. One of my patients Monday caught me admiring his up close concert photo of Stevie Nicks and asked me if I knew who it was (and of course I said, of course I do. and also, we should be friends.)
  7. I'm currently cooking this delicious kale soup while drinking chardonnay listening to this playlist with my dad. Basically, my happy place 
  8. Speaking of great music, how does everyone feel about Taylor Swift's new album? I say props to her for making the first platinum record of the year. Not the direction I would have liked her to go in, but it's creative, witty, and so damn catchy
  9. Also, how do we feel about how she pulled her music from Spotify? After reading Spotify's response I see their point, but I'm not sure if that's a compelling enough argument. Creators deserve to be compensated fairly for their work. Thoughts?
  10. And, saving the best for last....Peter is officially a permanent resident of the United States.

Yep. We got approved. And we found out in 24 hours. And it was so much easier than we thought it would be. 

This is huge. It means he can job hunt when the time comes for me to make my rank list in January. It means the chances of him finding work in the area that I am assigned to for residency is much, much higher. 

I'm so excited just to live with him. To have a morning routine together, share garden duty, cook meals together, steal his slippers- it really is these banal little things that I am most looking forward to. 

Because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

Hope everyone else has good things coming their way too! 

with love,

Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment