F-L-O-R-I-D-A, S-T-A-T-E

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I just wanted to share a few family photos from the game last weekend, if you guys don't mind. It really was a weekend for the books. You see, when you've got 6 people in the family {now closing in on 7 thanks to Peter,} the chances of everyone being in a good mood at the exact same time is pretty rare. This was one of those rare, special times that not one of us was grumpy, distracted or simply not there- we were all just happy to relax and enjoy eachother's company together. It was so refreshing- definitely good for the soul!







































My younger brother and I. He's a football genius- without him, the clueless folk such as myself would have had no clue what was going on in the stadium
My sister and her roommates. I'm so glad she found such a kind, driven, supportive group of women to surround herself with. They really are all exceptional people.

Truth be told, the tailgate wasn't much to look at. We don't have loads of Seminole Paraphernalia, it was really overcast, and we avoided the more exciting hardcore tailgates that go down on campus. But our little get together worked fine for me! Plus, my Dad makes a wicked good steak ;-)

And now for Doak!



It really is the prettiest sports complex I've seen. We actually called in the 'Church of Bobby' back in undergrad, and while we weren't winning games at Doak, we had at least one the title of Largest Non-Religious Stain Glass Window in North America. So there's that.  Being someone who hates/knows nothing about sports, these things are important to me.


Peter took this one. It's a great shot of my Dad. 


 Another venue FSU has always excelled in is the marching band. the FSU Marching Chiefs have consistently been one of the best bands in the country. And they really do put on an amazing show- they actually did a Back to the Future theme that night and formed a Delorean, with Fire extinguishers blowing out of the fake exhaust and everything {yea, they go all out.}
 Can you guess who cares the most about football in this family?


 My older brother went to our rival school, but we still love him :)







































Another shot exemplifying just how much shorter than Peter I really am.

Andddd my creepy younger brother. Yep, we're all normal, folks. Nothing to see here...




































And that's a wrap! As you can tell, I really lucked out in the family department. It was nice to go to a game that we actually won {we didn't do a lot of winning at FSU during my time there in college.} Anyone else out there a big college football fan? Did you play sports in college? Or was your school known for something totally random? 

No comments:

Post a Comment