A walk in the Woods

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Last week, my sister, her roommate and I piled into my car and made the two hour trek out of Tallahassee and into South Georgia for an adventure of sorts...





























Known as the Grand Canyon of the Southeast, Providence Canyon State Park is about a 2 and a half hour drive from Tallahassee, and it's well worth the trip. My sister was keen on checking it out with me (I've already been once with a friend a couple years ago,) and I've been trying to experiment more with our DSLR, so we struck out early Saturday morning to get some exploring done.

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best at handling a camera. I tried a couple shots in manual before giving up and switching to auto mode, but baby steps, people! I'll try manual again the next time I bring her out (yes. I've decide our camera is a she.) Luckily the scenery was awesome, so the photos sort of speak for themselves. Scroll on for more...

my intrepid companions

sister fell off this log approximately 7 times before we managed to get this shot. Said log was 2 feet off the ground...we still love her.
























































Clearly, they're pretty fabulous gals. For more info on exploring Providence Canyon, check out their website!



No comments:

Post a Comment