John Fogerty: American Legend

Thursday, May 30, 2013

You Guys.
I know I rave to an obnoxious degree about how much I love Neil Young.

Welp,
It's about time I share the love a little more.
Cause, 
you know,
Neil is just one of many incredible artists.
Yep, it's a first-name basis kind of relationship we have going on ;)

Enter John Fogerty.
from his website, linked above.
THIS GUY knows how to write a song.
AND execute it.
AND sing it out dripping with soul and emotion
He's such an incredible talent.

But here's the best part:
A man after my own heart. 
The way he writes about his passions,
be it his love of old country and rock n' roll artists who inspired his unique sound
or his utter adoration for his wife and kid,
He just comes across as the type of guy you could get stuck in an elevator with
and not complain too much. 

if you don't know his CCR work, definitely give these songs a listen:

(the Dropkick Murphys cover of that last song is pretty epic too)

As for his solo work,
I admit I don't know as much about it
but Mr Fogerty referenced this song in his reddit AMA
and it's become a new favorite for sure :) 
Plus, it was written for his lovely wife
if that doesn't bring a tear to your eye, I don't know what will. 

Enjoy guys Peter, hope you're having a great week dear.



No comments:

Post a Comment