Sunday Thoughts

Sunday, September 29, 2013

"Go back?" he thought. 
"No good at all!"
"Go sideways? Impossible!
Go forward?
Only thing to do! On we go!"

-Bilbo Baggins, the Hobbit-


This guy Spamwise wrote this awesome article that you should definitely check out.
It inspired me a lot and I've been thinking about it all weekend.
Seriously, if LOTR is your thing, read it.

source. btw, TUMBLR IS THE WEIRDEST. that is all.

I wish I had remembered this quote back in July
when I first found out that I'd failed.
At the time I remember wanting to crawl into a deep dark hole and hide
and never come out.

I was miserable,
embarrassed,
ashamed,
and feeling like an epic failure of a human
so I guess it's not too surprising
that I couldn't see any possible positive outcome from that point in my life.

Luckily I have some great people around me,
who stopped my pity party in its tracks,
forced me to pick myself up,
and keep going.
Without them, I don't think I'd have bothered plodding heavily forward like I did.
I wouldn't have gotten up at  6 every day to study
or taken 3,000  questions worth of tests,
or written out all my mistakes.
I wouldn't have passed the second time around
if I hadn't somehow {miraculously} 
found some strength in me from somewhere
to keep moving forward.

I'll never been running from a goblin army deep in the misty mountains,
or tracking a band of Uruk-Hai doggedly for what seems an inhuman number of miles 
or struggle weakly up a black mountain on my hands and knees,

but medicine is hard
and it's going to get harder. 
I've just gotta remember to keep moving forward.


and when good old Dory fails to remind me of this,
I'm glad the Hobbit's around to keep me on track :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment